- To get started, fill out and submit an application. Great news! You’re one step closer to adopting a furry friend.
- Let your veterinarian know that our group will be reaching out. We’ll also be contacting your personal references as part of our adoption process.
- In order to ensure that the dog will be placed in a safe and loving environment, we may also conduct a home visit. Don’t worry, this is a routine step in our adoption process.
- Once all of these steps are complete, we’ll let you know if you’ve been approved for adoption. If you are approved, we’ll arrange for you to meet the dog in person so you can see if it’s the right fit for your family.
- If you decide to finalize the adoption, we’ll ask you to sign a final adoption agreement and pay the fee. You can pay by cash or check, whichever is most convenient for you.
At Putnam Pet Pals, we’re dedicated to finding loving homes for every one of our dogs. Most of the pups in our care have been rescued from local high-kill pounds and are looking for a second chance at a happy life. Before they go to their forever homes we make sure all dogs are:
- Spayed or neutered (If the dog is a young puppy, we may adopt it out with a refundable spay/neuter fee of $150).
- Given up-to-date vaccinations and medication
- Tested for heart-worm
- Taught good doggie manners like house training
- Given love and attention from their foster homes
We can’t guarantee the breed, weight, age, or final adult size of our dogs (since many are homeless strays), but we can promise that they are all deserving of love and care. We only adopt to indoor homes, as we believe that pets should be a part of the family. Most undesirable behavior comes from boredom and a lack of attention from their human friends.
Adoption fees may vary depending on any special needs cases, but we are committed to finding the perfect match for you and your family. Make adoption your first option and give one of our pups the second chance they deserve.